Friday, November 9, 2007

To Detox or not to Detox?



Okay, for the last eight weeks I have been working hard to lower my cholesterol. On Monday, I am having my blood work done to see if I have been successful. A friend of mine suggested this herbal detox tea and said it worked for her husband in lowering his cholesterol. I started detoxing today. No unusual side effects so far, but it smells like pee and tastes like fiery licorice. I was telling a friend of mine that I was going to do this and she asked "Why isn't it like your tricking the doctor?"

I don't know what to think. I have drastically changed my eating habits, I have even lost weight, and I definitely do not want to be put on medication, if I'm pregnant(which is the whole goal here) I can't take the medication anyway.

What do you think I am I just tricking the test, or am I just taking one more precaution to cleanse my body?

No comments: