Saturday, March 7, 2009

I ♥ This Guy, But. . .

We are so different.
It's great that we're so different,
yet there have been many times both of us have wondered. . .
How in the heck did we wind up together.
Don't worry,
our marriage isn't on the rocks.
Although if you participated
in the
Newlywed Game
with last night you might have your doubts.
I know we both walked away going,
whoa-- we suck!
How can you be married for almost
Ten years
and just not know. . .
Guess that stuff isn't important to us.
Like I said before,
no marital problems here.
In fact,
if anything, our marriage is the
BEST
its ever been.
I sound really defensive, don't I?
Oh, well,
I still love him. . .
even when he clips his toe nails before climbing into bed
EVERY NIGHT.
p.s. why is it Saturday night date night-- claire is at babysitting co-op and dylan is in the garage helping a scout cut out his pinewood derby car????

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Sounds like a fun date....Not!

Steve and I are SO OPPOSITE in almost everything too:) We ask ourselves the same question!

Eliza said...

He clips his toenails every night? How is that even possible? He must have some dang fast growing toenails. :-D

...and I LOVE that picture of the two of you!

Gary Church said...

Dude. Those questions were purposely multiple choice, I swear ... except ... we didn't get multiple choices, we only got one! lol.

"Dude, where's my car?" LOL!!

LaFish said...

Hilarious! Your faces were priceless every time an answer was revealed! I think differences are the spice of life. You must have a "spicy" marriage :)