Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I May Have Shed A Tear

We went through
Kindergarten Vaccinations today.
I don't remember it being that hard before.
This time, I think I almost cried.
It didn't help that I had to hold her down
and
she had to get 4 shots.
Of course, I told her buck up
cause she didn't want the kids in the waiting room
to see her crying.
On a funny note, here was our conversation on the way to get vaccinated. I don't know whether or not to think it was funny, or a little creepy.
Claire: "Mom, I need to go to Lowes."
Me: "Why?"
Claire: "I can't tell you."
Me: "I can't take you, unless you tell me."
Claire: "Well, I need nurses gloves."
Me: "What? Why do you need nurses gloves, and why do you think they have them at Lowes."
Claire: "I know they do. I need them to pull that baby out of you."
Hmmm, I should remember this for when she can't decide what profession she wants to go into years down the road.
p.s. I know I don't need to remind you all that Claire is almost more obsessed with us having a baby than I am. NO, THIS IS NOT AN ANNOUNCEMENT. When or if it ever is, I won't beat around the bush. I will shout it from the rooftops!!!

2 comments:

Annie Lee said...

haha.. your little conversation is to funny! Where do kids come up with these things? Sophia goes around telling everyone she is having a baby sister. Then everyone looks at me like, do you have something to tell us? and i tell them, the same thing you would. "when it happens i will shout it from the roof tops!" She has also been pretending to be pregnant because her aunt has been until recently when she had the baby, but one night we were playing "pregnant" and she "borned" the baby from my tummy but she said it was dead, so she had to put it back!! talk about creepy!!

Amanda said...

poor Claire:( P already had all his shots done last year....I guess b/c his b-day is in Sept. so he's already 5.

That is so sweet about the gloves. buy her a box...they make the best toys....P is always using ours for a million different things...and they come in handy for me too:)