Monday, June 9, 2008

And The Drama Continues!!!!



I know you all thought that I fell off the face of the planet, but I am still here. I was soooo excited to get home, unfortunately my body wasn't so excited.
While in Idaho I started experiencing some debilitating cramps. So bad that I didn't think I would make my flight. After coming home, the cramps subsided but my period was being mysterious.
Sooooo, me having a huge stash a pregnancy tests decided to test, knowing it would come out negative cause I had had my period while I was gone. There was no way I could be pregnant. Wrong!!!! It was positive and I was mystified.
I called the Dr's office, I was concerned about the bleeding and cramping, they were to. When I went in we did a pee test, it was positive, so then we did and ultrasound, and we couldn't find a baby, but we did find a HUGE cyst. 10x6x6 cm big. Dr thought my pregnancy might not be far enough along too see so she ordered blood work to test hormone levels and sent me home saying to take it easy and come back in on Monday morning.
Friday, morning I woke up and began cramping, this time it was soooooo bad. I thought if I soaked in the tub it would help, no such luck, so I yelled for Dylan to come help me out of the tub cause I knew there was no way I could stand up.
As soon as I stood up I said, "think I am going to pass out." And I did, and had what Dylan and Janie think was a seizure. I don't remember any of that. I do remember lying in bed wishing I could just die, and I was looking for the white light to walk towards. Dylan, had to run into work so I begged for Janie to come over. It was a good thing she did. While she was over the Dr told me to get into the emergency room, and on the way out of the house I passed out again and had another seizure.
The time in the emergency room was no fun, they weren't giving me any drugs, cause they didn't know for sure what was going on. After what felt like a two hour ultrasound, my Dr. decided it was an ectopic pregnancy and rushed me into surgery. Finally, I got some pain meds, and they felt goood.
So when they opened me up they found the MONSTER cyst that was the size of a grapefruit and the drained fluid from it filled 24oz. Crazy, the crazier part was that I had been bleeding internally for a while and had lost 1/3 of my blood.
The ectopic had ruptured. They removed my right fallopian tube and left my right ovary. Everything on my left looked good as well as my uterus, so having a baby is still an option. Although, its not necessarily the option I even want to consider right now.
I have felt so blessed during this ordeal and I am so glad everything has turned out okay. I am definitely ready to get back to my real life NOW!!!!!

10 comments:

The A Team said...

let me know if there's anything i can do for you....seriously, even if it's just bringing over a chick flick or something.

mary plus vince said...

Wow, Sarah! I'm so glad everything is looking okay now! You are in our prayers!

Brianne said...

Oh my goodness... what a crazy ordeal! Glad to hear you are doing better. Let me know if you need anything, I'm just down the street!

ChellaJ [Rachelle] said...

Geeezzz... What a scary and painful thing to go through. My prayers go out to you...in hopes baby #2 will be knocking at your door very soon.

Eliza said...

Oh my goodness...wow... I'm so happy that you're safe and recovering!! I think you've had your fair share of drama for a good long time. I hope life can be a little more boring for you soon. :-D

My name is Andrea said...

Sarah, I admire the gift you have of looking for blessings and the Lord's hand in everything. I'll talk to you soon!

Bethanne said...

Omigosh, I am so sorry! What an ordeal...I used to get large ovarian cysts too and they had to take some serious horse-pill meds for them...and used to pass out too; so I can understand the pain. But I'm so sorry about everything else (even the emotional toll this must put you thru). It's hard to imagine what the purpose of some of our challenges are...but know that there are so many of us who care about you and will be willing to help at the drop of a hat! And hopefully, if you so desire, that the Lord will bless you with another child when the time is right. And when your body wants to cooperate! Please let us know if you need anything and Claire is always invited at our house to play!

Ryann said...

That is horrible. I had n o idea that seizures could be caused during a miscarriage. You poor thing. My thoughts and prayers go out to you as you are healing!

Unknown said...

First of all, I'm glad you're okay. I'm so sorry we didn't connect while you were in town, but it sounds like you had bigger things to deal with at the end of your trip. My prayers are with you.

Gary Church said...

Oh my gosh, I'm sobbing. Sarah, I'm so sorry!!! But soooo glad that it was caught when it was ... that could have been way worse and I don't even want to think about it. I missed you!!!